A bit of my view...

Saturday, January 3, 2009

O9 and Oh my Head Hurts

Have you ever tried to explain to an 87 year old woman with dementia that her Medicare Part D plan has changed and you can't deliver her medicine unless she gives you her new information?

Yeah, that's been my start to 2009. I've worked 6 out of the last 8 days, mostly 9 hour days, and I'm beat. I've also spent my 2 days off working on essays for a scholarship and my entrance essay for the Huxley College of the Environment at WWU, and catching up on laundry.

Today is the beginning of a whole two days off in a row, and I'm going shopping. I have some Christmas money to burn and Joe's end of the year sale is calling my name. Let's see, Lady Carharts, hmmm, new hiking boots, snow shoes. Just kidding about the last one, but they would be practical right now.

Speaking of wild storms, it's supposed to warm up to almost 50 on Wednesday along with heavy rain in the foothills. This could be really serious, since we are at 500 feet in elevation, and the snow level is supposed to go all the way up to 3 or 4,000 feet. We still have over 2 feet of snow on the ground, here, so the creeks and rivers will be flooding. My only way home if the highway closes for flooding is also closed for avalanche and mudslide danger.

The good news about the snow is that it seemed to have insulated the fruit trees, and they have sprouted some gnarly growth knobs for spring. Mmmm...apples, and pears, and plums. Oh my.

No comments: