A bit of my view...

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Chapter in American History

What a historic day, and what an inspiring speech. Did you see all of the Americans that congregated in D.C.? America has finally caught up with the rest of the industrialized nations of the world - we finally have a leader that's not an old, white, rich man. But Obama is more than that. He seems like he is ready to fight America's problems head-on, and encourage Americans to work together to solve them. I heard hope, faith and cooperation in his Inaugural Speech.

I also loved the John William's arrangement of Simple Gifts, especially because it was performed by Yo Yo Ma and Itzhak Perlman - the best composer of our time and two of the best classical musicians performing his music. Awesome.

2 comments:

srcsmgrl said...

It was wonderful, even listening on the radio. I also enjoyed the arrangement of Simple Gifts--maybe because we sang that song in choir when I was in high school, so I could sing along to parts.

Allucas said...

The combination of musicians was amazing. I absolutely heart John Williams. The only two movie soundtracks I've ever bought - Dances with Wolves and Schindler's List.