A bit of my view...

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Plans, New Year

I am so looking forward to 2009, since 2008 has ended with many trials. I'm still getting stuck in my driveway, every morning and every night, there's still about 2 feet of snow on the ground and 6 feet on the side of the driveway and cul de sac, and my Geology class was cancelled due to a record breaking winter in the Cascades. And so in 2009, I begin my journey into the design portion of my degree.

I've replaced the Geology class with a freshman level Engineering Technology class that meets twice a week, y continuo Espanol tambien. Geology, which is actually the only class I need for my Associates transfer degree, will have to wait until Spring. Instead, I will be playing with CAD and CATIA, and getting a pre-req for my minor at WWU out of the way. It's all good.

My kids are coming home from their dad's tonight, and we plan to bring in the New Year with some Rock Band, Mario Kart and some poker lessons. I remember playing for pennies with my Godparents when I was much younger than my youngest, so we've dug the poker set out of the closet (along with some bottle rockets :) and plan to play some rounds into the New Year.

Remember to put some money in your pocket, and good luck to all in 2009!

No comments: