A bit of my view...

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Robots and Mii's

I love my Wii Fit! It's nice to see that I'm the most fit person in the family, too. Don't get me wrong, each of us have their own strengths, but all around as far as balance, endurance and strength go, I'm the most fit. Neener neener kids (and hubby). It's nice to see my BMI hasn't gone up too much since high school, too.

I'm what you would call a seasonal runner, but now I can run in my living room without having to bundle up and I can do Yoga without having to drive 45 minutes to the nearest Yoga class. Muy Perfecto!

I love our robot in Engineering, too. The guys in my group are pretty cool, and seem to be indifferent about having the only girl in class in their group. I think once I demonstrated some leadership skills and that I actually know a little about computer programming and mechanics, they were much more at ease. I still get weird looks from some guys in class, though.

I'm really digging the design process, but we only have ten days to get our first project proposal finished. Just with this class, I know I've picked the right career path. I can be creative and analytical all at the same time! It's cool to know that within three years, I'll be using this process to design green renovations! El futuro es claro!

2 comments:

srcsmgrl said...

You are convincing me that I need the Wii fit. I thought it sounded hokey when it was first advertised, but lately personal accounts have changed my mind.

Blah, what are they? Like $150? Sigh.

Allucas said...

They're around $80 and the mat is $25 dollars. I wish they would repeat the yoga poses, but I do the accompanying strength exercises and get a pretty good workout. It's also low impact which is good for my bad knee. I can get into hiking shape without going to physical therapy, because they are all the same exercises they have you do there.