A bit of my view...

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Early Morning Earthquake

So yesterday morning I awoke to my bed going up and down and proceeded yell at my husband to stop shaking the bed. Realizing he was still sleeping, I yelled, "what was that?!" waking him up. He didn't feel anything, and I didn't hear anything, and since we had kicked the old dog out of our room at night, I thought I was dreaming. I had already had 4 dreams in the last 2 weeks about having an earthquake, so I thought it was another one. Yeah, it was real – a 4.5'er. At least this flatlander didn't cry this time (but in my defense, the Nisqually quake was a 6.9).

That's right, I've seen tornadoes, waterspouts, been through 4 hurricanes, and none of them really scared me. There's just something about the earth moving out from under me that really freaks me out. I used to have a dream all the time when I was a kid, and even still have it once in a while where I'm walking, wherever it may be, and I turn right. When I walk straight, I would go into a neighborhood I've never been to, and walk toward a big white house. Sometimes it would be a few steps, and other times I would almost get to the house, but every time, the sidewalk would fold out from under me and I would fall into the dark. That's the same feeling the earthquakes give me. I really hate those things.

 

No comments: