A bit of my view...

Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's M' Birfday!

31 years ago this evening, I came to this Earth, and 200 years ago two great men did as well - Darwin and Lincoln. I know there are people that would want to debate the great part of that sentence, but I say to them - go take some science classes and shut it.

There's actually good economic news today on retail sales, maybe my 401K will go up a little for a change. This week has also been a good change from last week, aside from another sick kid. We got snow early in the week, but the sunshine yesterday made it so beautiful out here in the mountains.

We got A LOT done at work yesterday and still stuffed ourselves with pizza and pre-birfday treats. We also teased the new boyfriend of co-worker Nun at lunch, writing her a prescription for "Diamond Therapy" from Dr. Secks Moore. Oddly enough co-worker H gave Dr. Moore an English accent, and it made for a hilarious day.

Today we have a draft presentation of our first robot project in Engineering and our Power Point is looking good, including media clips. I'm going to post the driving by Braille clip to YouTube when the class is over. We're supposed to do Yoga before our public presentations, but I'm contemplating whether I want to do Yoga in public. Xanax anyone? Just kidding.

I've got to give a big shout out to my fellow birthday peeps (and personal heroes) before my busy day begins. Happy Birthday Abe Lincoln and Charles Darwin! Thanks for your pioneering spirit! Two-twelvers rock!

2 comments:

srcsmgrl said...

Hope you had a good birthday!

Allucas said...

Thanks, I did. Ate way too much, though.