A bit of my view...

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Frustration

I think I am having one of those weeks. It seems like time is going too fast for me to get everything done, and I know I've done it to myself with the 30 hour workweek and 2 classes at school. I am not a perfectionist, but I expect my brain to retain things when I need it to. It seems I've hit a roadblock in Spanish and that I'm falling behind, but I'm not. And earlier today when I went to put my project proposal together for a desk design in Engineering, I couldn't get my thoughts out the way I wanted to.

I had three awesome designs, a really sharp flow-chart, and my writing stunk, in my standards. I don't understand why I can write long, thought-out lab reports on molecules or things like Edge Effects on native species, economic reports on health care around the world, and get A's in both of my English classes, but when it comes to describing how I think, I can't get it out into words. And like I said before, I'm overwhelmed in Espanol - enough foods already! I'm still catching up on preterite verbs stems. Now I remember why I regretted taking Latin in high school.

And to cap off my week, my arthritis flared up in my knee, I found another gray hair (in the front this time!), my husband keeps teasing me about my upcoming birthday, and my Wii fit keeps telling me how my running stride can get shorter with age. Shut up, shut up, shut up! You're going to make me hate my birthday! Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Oh yeah, the robot only hit one target in trials today (it hit the wall many times), but we got full credit for having a functionable bot and program. Thank goodness for most of the groups, Academia finds success in failure. Too bad that won't hold true for the Spanish quiz I'm about to take. Quoteth Poo Bear, "Oh Bother."

No comments: