A bit of my view...

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Palin? Bad Choice McCain

Do the Republicans think women are stupid? Are they really that sexist to think that when a woman sees another woman's name on a ballot they are going to vote for her? Like we are going to have some epiphany - Ooooh a woman, I should vote for her because I am a woman too. PLEASE!

I will vote for the candidate who is going to protect a woman's right to make her own decisions about her body, because anti-abortion laws are also a loophole that allow insurance companies to deny birth control pills, and other medical procedures essential to women's health (and no, this is not referring to abortion – see my blog below). I will vote for a candidate who believes in science and believes in teaching science. What am I talking about?

Governor Palin openly discusses her beliefs that global warming is not real and is definitely not man-made, and she also believes that Evolution should be banned from schools. Personally, I have had three science teachers that taught Evolution and believed that God had some hand in it. I'll never forget what my AP Biology teacher, Mr. Knowles said, "Who is any man to say they know how God made the Earth, or how infinite one of God's days are," referring to the 7 days in Genesis. If she doesn't listen to scientists, who have had years of schooling and spent decades dedicated to research, is she also going to ignore Generals and Economists like Bush? Ignorance is bliss people.

But I think my biggest problem with her is because I am a mom, and I feel she is being EXTREMELY selfish to leave her infant special-needs son and accept a spot on this ticket. If the child was older, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but this is a baby. Does she honestly think she will be able to spend the time her baby needs with her running for VP and if she should become VP? But alas she is well-off and I'm sure the nannies and nurse maids are awaiting. Why bother raising your kid when you can afford for other people to do it for you, right?

3 comments:

srcsmgrl said...

Have you heard the rumors that her 5 month old is actually her 17 year old daughter's child? Now the girl is pregnant and getting married.

Old school cover up. At least they kept it in the family instead of shipping the child off to a home.

srcsmgrl said...

I guess that rumor has been debunked. It was hard to find a mention of it, even.

Allucas said...

Yeah, looks like that "Abstinence Only" sex-education is really working for her family. Too bad the issue is "off limits" or else Obama could point out that the teenage pregnancy rate has skyrocketed in Abstinence Only states.