A bit of my view...

Monday, August 18, 2008

My First Green Project

It has been difficult to post lately, as I have been working on a 75th birthday project for my dad. Since I can't make it across country for the party (sorry), we're being creative with his present. I will keep the contents a secret because he reads this (but he should be packing up and preparing to evacuate for Fay instead of surfing the net). We also took a LONG trip across the state to visit the in-laws in Spokane for a couple of days of sun and swimming. The E WA desert is so blah and makes that drive seem so very long, but we were welcomed home with mountain thunderstorms.

My other project aside from a burned out heating element in my dryer, is replacing my guest bathroom fan before the kids of never-ending-shower-land turn it into a moldy-stink room. I was also trying to come up with a way to lighten up the room. We use CFB's (compact fluorescent bulbs for those non-greenies), and it is inappropriate to put a shower window next to your front door, so the lighting is very dim in there. I really don't want to put a heat lamp/fan in there, so I clicked on an old "wish-list" website for products to put in my future green buildings.

Solatubes have come up with a tube/fan model that fits the specs of that bathroom perfectly! I can't wait for the hubby to come home so I can show him our first green project (although I have a feeling I will be the one on the roof). If this works out well, they have solar powered attic fans that would work well to cool down the room above the garage and the rest of the attic space. Sweet!

No comments: