A bit of my view...

Monday, August 25, 2008

North Cascade Adventures Continued

We ventured off the beaten trail yesterday into a low-summer-flow creekbed for some rockhounding. I still cannot upload the pics I took a couple of weeks ago that are stuck on my phone, but I promise I will get a USB for it soon. In the meantime, enjoy some of these...

Old growth trees, moss, ferns, ignaceous rocks, a running creek and a nurse log made this a peaceful first stop (if only we had remembered the mosquito spray)



Waiting for me to pack the camera and scramble up the rocks...

Hershey the Hiking Companion

Me at our last stop...behind me and to the left was a multi-level little waterfall hidden by thick brush. I tried to get a picture, but this was the best I could do even with a high ISO camera...

More adventures to come. Next weekend the hubby and I are hiking to Vesper Peak for our 7th wedding anniversary. We're hoping to find garnets, but will be happy with the breathtaking views.

No comments: