A bit of my view...

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Evangelical Sleaze

Not being a religious person, prayer is not a regular part of my day. In fact, most of my religious experiences have occurred outside in nature, but I will say the occasional prayer, in my own way. So if I was religious, and prayed on a regular basis, what would I pray for? Hmmm, maybe world peace, a world effort to save the planet, an end to poverty, famine and drought, a cure for diseases like AIDS and cancer, and so on and so on.

What do our good Evangelical friends at Focus on the Family pray for? Well, they pray for rain, too, but not a cleansing rain to end drought or a hardy rain to grow food. No, screw those who are bad off, those who Jesus would probably make his mission to help. No, why bother praying for good things - they are going to pray for rain on the Democrats and Obama at the convention on the 25th. This is their web video encouraging the "prayer chain."

Do the Republicans know that they LOSE Independent voters like me when they don't condemn these things? There are positions in our state government I would rather see filled by a Republican, but they always want to bring morality into the picture. "Stay out of my private life, and stay on my ballot," that's my motto.

This video is disgusting and "Christians" like this need a reality check.

No comments: