A bit of my view...

Thursday, April 9, 2009

I Hate Tugboats and Other Random Rants

Vent #1 - I hate tugboats. I don't care how cute they make them on Thomas the Tank Engine, I've hated them since I was a kid. The drivers are pricks. I understand they have a large load of logs (or trash depending on which coast you're on), and little boats need to get out of the way. But there is no need for the excess waking - planing up and down as they pass by with a smile, but never looking directly at you. We only got water in our crew boats and sculls when tugboats went by, and currently, is it really necessary to bring a load of logs into Steamboat Slough of all places during rush hour?

Vent #2 - Steamboat Slough (a.k.a. Meth Harbor) - clean it up Marysville! Gross!

Vent #3 - Intro to a computer class without getting computer lab time. It's called Intro to CAD, not intro to how to read coordinates and picture things in your head. I thought we were supposed to be past all that, so we could learn the computer program. So far, we've had about an hour of lab time from 12 hours of class time. My homework is now late, because I am teaching myself how to use CAD. Most of these guys already work at Boeing or are ex-Bayliner, and can use the program, but can't do the math. Argh!

Vent #4 - No I will not Twitter or Tweet. To the few of you who have asked me to, it sounds like something a very happy, gay man would do. I'm sure I will have to eventually do it for school purposes, but until then, I will not Facebook or Twitter until I have to. And I really don't care what everyone is doing at every moment in time, unless I am working with them. And if I do - hey, I'll call you. It really isn't that bad waiting to watch the news or read the paper, either. Call me old fashioned, but I don't have that kind of time, people.

And Vent #5 - Obama needs to stop being a media whore and lock some people in the Oval Office until they can fill their open positions, and get some plans in writing. You can only talk about these things for so long, until people get frustrated. I don't want to see a surprise tax pop up in a few years to pay for everything, just be honest and hit us with it now.

Aaahhh. Much better. Now I can go water some plants and do some yoga.

No comments: