A bit of my view...

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Fun

Did Santa bring everyone what they wanted? I know I got a killer pair of Mossy Oak dual mitten/glove waterproof work gloves with 40 below Thinsulate lining - and yes, they're camouflage, so what? We had a great get-together with my stepfamily last night, since they, too live in Arlington, and we could actually barrell through the frozen, lumpy roads. We freally missed my step-sister and her kids, though. Girl, you need to find a 4WD, just kidding.

Today, aside from presents, we picked up my step-son, played Rock Band, and I rolled my sled 3 times, and caught air once, but not on purpose. The coolest thing happened when we were sledding, though.

You know you and your significant other are soulmates when you find you have the same weird obsessions, you know? Like, I'm obsessed with frogs and birds he's obsessed with eagles and lizards. Anyway, we've watched 4 bald eagles soar really low across our back yard today, and one experience I'll never forget. The hubby went down the sled hill and stoped dead at the bottom of the hill. Right then, a bald eagle went right over my head at the top of the hill and landed in the tree right above him. The eagle proceeded to check him out with both eyes, and sat majestically on top of the fir tree trying to figure out what we were doing. He eventually flew off, but it was soooo cool!
Anyway, here's some more snow pictures, but unfortunately none of the eagle. We ended up with 3&1/2 feet total!

The view from the front walkway of our roof.
The Twinkie is buried!
What once was my orchard - the front twig is actually a pear tree!
The icicles off the back roof!
And what was once a cute, little 3&1/2 foot fence is nothing more than a line of lumpy snow between us and the neighbors!

No comments: