A bit of my view...

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Forecast for Fun

Before I begin, I need to get something off of my chest that has been bugging me for several weeks - a janitor is not an environmental technician, a garbage collector is not a sanitation engineer, and a librarian is not a scientist.  This is why - unless you took classes and tested for a license, you are not a technician of any kind.  If you do not use AutoCAD or CATIA every day, you are not an engineer of any kind, and if you do not work in a lab, in a clinic or in the field, or study results from a lab, clinic or the field, you are not a scientist.  NOW QUIT CLOGGING UP THE SCIENCE JOB BOARDS WITH YOUR BOGUS TERMINOLOGY!!!!

Ok, with that said, it's time to brag about the awesome snow going on here.  We have 16 inches so far, and plan to hit our 40 foot sledding hill on and off throughout the day.  Perhaps construction of a snow man will happen as well.  The plan is to research one paper, then play.  I think that's a good way to break up the monotony and prevent cabin fever.  If you have a four wheel drive vehicle, you may want to check out Oso today as the eagles are hanging out waiting for salmon above the river.  It's a beautiful sight.  However, if you don't have 4 wheel drive, don't go past Skaglund's Hill.  I'm not sure if you can get past it anyway, as there was a jack-knifed 16 wheeler blocking both lanes last I heard.

The weather forecast calls for snow all day and night, with temps diving tonight into the teens.  Something tells me we won't be planning rain gardens in Gleneagle tomorrow.  Unfortunately by Monday, a pineapple express storm is supposed to move in and shoot snow levels way up with a ton of rain to go with it.  Can you say flooding?

4 comments:

srcsmgrl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allucas said...

How about being nice to people and not snyde at all? What kind of person does that? I was trying to make a point that it's ridiculous to have to weed through job postings that aren't supposed to be on science job boards, and typed it quickly. I think 1 typo at 75 WPM is pretty damn good. The fact is you said it, and anyone who knows both you and Mark knows who wrote it. Like I said, don't bring it behind my back if you can't take it to the face. That's how we roll outside of Seattle.

You don't know who reads your blogs or Tweets, and maybe someone who is your friend has enough respect for us to tell us your being nasty. I never cared to read Tweets or even look at Twitter, but I find it kind of ironic that you misspelled a word a couple of Tweets later.

Allucas said...

I will remove the links, but would also appreciate it if you would stop ridiculing Darrington and the things we do on your blog. I held my mouth shut long enough.

srcsmgrl said...

I don't remember ridiculing Darrington or anything they or you do. I am not sure what you are talking about.