A bit of my view...

Monday, May 18, 2009

Final Lap - Losing Steam

Life has been full of work lately, as there is no rest for this weary soul until June. I actually have to try and get ahead in my homework, as I've committed myself to the Darrington 6th grade Ecology Retreat. We are leaving Thursday morning and returning Friday afternoon with 2 days full of forestry, beach cleaning and wetland studies on Camano Island. This time, as a volunteer, I get to sleep in a bed, and not on the floor.

The kids all have projects due at the same time in two weeks, right during dead week. This should be interesting. We have found some cool things while researching Tay's family tree project. My great-grandparents from Seattle were major developers during the turn of the 20th century. I had no idea how many neighborhoods, apartment buildings and hotels they built, that are still around. I'll post more about it when we get it all compiled.

I just saw a story on a 66 year old that it due to give birth in a month. You have to ask yourself, how many of these older women having babies are just looking for someone to take care of them when they start falling apart. What a life for a teenager - wiping your parent's nether-regions, constantly running them to doctor's and physical therapy appointments, and staying home everynight in case they fall. It was bad enough being a teenager while you mom's in full menopause. Seriously - grandmas - don't have babies.

No comments: