A bit of my view...

Monday, March 16, 2009

Robots, Snow and You Can't Fool Me

I can feel a break coming...so close...gonna make it. I have just one paper left to write, a 3 page, single spaced reflection paper on our projects and teamwork in Engineering. We ended up losing the robot sumo contest, but we found out that one group cheated between rounds, and a rule change half-way through would have given us more wins. They decided that just one wheel off the arena counts as a loss half-way through the contest and that you couldn't win if your robot drove off the arena after pushing off the opponent, so we should have had another two wins. Oh well, it was fun.

I will upload the killer movie I made for our presentation to YouTube on Thursday, since I promised all the boys in the class I would. I knew with nothing but guys in the class that Ozzy's Crazy Train was the perfect track for the movie. We ended up with a perfect score on the presentation, so I'll take the A+ over the bragging rights any day!

I recieved an email from the Environmental Science program at WWU's Huxley College, asking me to go ahead and send in my Huxley application. That must mean my Western application is close to approval. Sweet!

Prospects for my garden are looking bleak, however. I usually have a grand garden every summer, but we have to move it this year to an area that still needs stump removal. We've seen parts of our lawn for a few hours, but it never fails to snow again once it almost melts. I think 3 months of snow on the ground is quite enough. We have had a lot of family nights inside playing Rock Band, Mariokart, and even Texas Hold 'Em.

On the work front, we had 3 stolen blanks for Oxycodone brought in last week. It started on Sunday when Dr. London and I recieved some DUR's from the gal's insurance alerting us to her large amount of recent narcotic purchases, but the lady was really insistant that we didn't get ahold of her I.D. We found out from the doctor's office the next day that she had stolen a narcotic pad from one of their desks. So she was not arrested, but didn't get any drugs from us and she was flagged county-wide. It really set a grumpy mood for my week at work.

On Friday, Dr. Alix and I helped bust two members of a local OxyContin ring, and luckilly the owner of the pharmacy showed up while we were waiting for the cops, because it was all women working again. Those situations usually don't scare me, but Dr. Alix is a newbee and so were the clerks I was working with, and the suspects were both large men. I didn't want to give anything away to the forgers, but I did try to keep the girls behind the second counter until the police showed up. Just 3 more years of dealing with these Oxy morons and then I'm on to other places.

Thursday...YouTube...Robots

No comments: