A bit of my view...

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Life in my Yard

A quick green blurb for Northwest residents. Costco now stocks flash frozen Organic whole green beans that are grown and packaged in Washington. You can steam them, sautee them or throw them in your green bean dishes, and it's no different than fresh beans. Did I mention they're organic and locally grown? I'm not sure if they stock them nationwide, but the brand is ByeBee Foods Organic.

Since there is a lack of garden to plant my early peas, lettuce and carrots, I decided to buy a flat of primroses for the front pots and back yard flower bed. I think I will throw some fertilizer on the existing primroses in the yard, too. They are blooming, but their leaves aren't big and showy. I think they are hungry.

Today, we're also going down to our wetland and woods for the first time since the snow to see how much we have to clean up after all the storms. I need to make sure the frogs have a flowing waterway so they can eat some skeeters this summer.

Happy planting everyone!

No comments: