A bit of my view...

Monday, October 13, 2008

Textarded

I know this may be a hard concept for those ages 10-25, but sometimes you have to put down your phone and stop texting to do necessary things, like looking where you are going when you are walking. In the last 3 weeks at Everett Community College, I have watched a girl walk into a pole while texting, a guy walk into an opening door while texting, and another girl walk into six different people while trying to walk and text. Even funnier - the look on her face got more and more pissy after each person she walked into, but yet she continued to text. Hence, my new word for the American dictionary – textarded.

I've even watched my 14 year old step-son fall down half a flight of stairs because he couldn't stop texting for the few seconds it takes to walk down the stairs. Unfortunately, he's not on our phone plan, so teasing him is the only tool we have to try and convince him to stop the Darwinian behavior. I mean really kids, it's not the end of the world if you don't text back right away – especially when you're at work. Yeah, you know who you are, put the phone down, be productive.

And for Dog's sake – please watch where you are going when you are walking. If not, prepare to be laughed at, because I think it's funny when people fall and walk into things while distracted. Not hatin', just sayin' – I'm gonna laugh at you.

No comments: