A bit of my view...

Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Little Bit of This With a Little Bit of That

I was planning on posting an opinion on geoengineering today, but it's just not ready. In fact, I think it may have to be the sacrificial lamb this week in class. There are so many major projects due soon in all 3 of my classes, that one of my weekly projects will have to be late. I still have kids and work, and life goes on. I was really proud of my 4.0's, but I will be happy to get B's this year.

Speaking of kids, Darrington 7th grade girl's volleyball completed the season undefeated. Tay was an ace server, thanks to my buddy Coach Eric and the UMES Lady Hawk serve. And kudos to Coach Eric as the Lady Hawks are rated the number one serving team in the nation!

That finally gives me a good thought about UMES, though, as the last one I have was a pretty bad one. My 6th grade GT teacher was a hippie that took us on a Science trip to see research animals and learn how they are tagged for experiments. I know, right? How is that was a good idea? My friend Karen tagged her chick right through its wing artery, so I grabbed it and held pressure to it's wing while it peeped and peeped. The research professor then took it from me and broke it's neck. Great memories.

Since I'm being random, I had a dream last night that I was rowing. Not in the big 8 man boat, but in a 4 man scull. We were gliding so fast downriver, and the water was completely calm and empty. I've been avoiding oceanography and hydrology, because I'm guilty of loving water sports, and I don't want to hear my impact. I can avoid it again this spring by taking Forestry, which none of my classmates want to take, but I keep having water dreams. I should just buckel down and take the class. It will probably be easier to get through it with the same group of people anyway.

And speaking of school, I have to mention that the Hermit has become a domestic god! The best part is that he is enjoying learning how to cook. I've been adding roasts, and whole grain pasta dishes on nights here and there, but he's been getting better at using fresh ingredients, too.

I went back out to the wetlands on Sunday, but won't share any pictures as they are for our Power Point data, and kind of boring. I will post info on geoengineering soon, and please understand if it seems as if I have checked out, but I have a ten page paper due on Monday.

No comments: